Friday, October 16, 2009

5FSPP_Be A Caveman





I bought this giant knit cardigan with a shawl collar at a thrift store. I knew I had to have it, it fit this look I had in my head that if I had to name it would be called fall fun.The only trouble was its massive proportions, which was made starkingly apparent when I put it on. Altering a bulky, loosely knit garment I figured would be easy enough so I purchased it. I started out by first pinning in the side seams and checking the fit, but the sleeves were still a problem, and thats when it hit me, the only thing that needed altering is the sleeves, so I chopped them off. This over sized brown sleeveless cardigan actually looks pretty stylish now with blue jeans and a grey polo. What do you think? Was my altering a success?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive